Our Creative Color Challenge was so much fun in August, that I wanted to revitalize it for a special Ornament swap for the holiday season! I took part in an ornament swap last year, and my whole Christmas tree was full of lovely decorations and ornaments. I cant wait to add to those this Holiday Season. So I hope you will join me.
1. Sign up by emailing me at louise[at]britcreative[dot]com with your name, blog address, mailing address and country. (Its open for all to join in no matter where you are in the world). Also leave a comment below to let everyone know you are playing. Please sign up by Friday Nov 12th.
2. Add “The Creative Color Challenge – Ornament” button to your site to announce you are taking part, (you dont need to have a blog to participate), tell your friends and encourage them to join in! (add an html box gadget and paste the code below)
3. Create 4 handmade ornaments (they can be identical or different – up to you!) using any materials you like. One for yourself and 3 to send out into the world. Please send out by Friday Dec 3rd. By this time I would have emailed you the contact details of 3 lucky people to send each ornament to. THE CHALLENGE: You can only use the colors: Red, Green or Gold. Use one color, two or all three. (you can also use black/white)
4. Post a photo(s) of your ornament into the flickr group here: and tag it with “creative color challenge ornament swap”
5. Wait with anticipation to receive 3 lovely parcels of holiday creation through your mailbox.
6. Put on your holiday music, pour a glass of something festive and hang them on your tree, mantle piece, window shelf to enjoy over the holidays. Be sure to blog about the surprises in the mailbox as they come in ready for the holiday season and add your links to my final wrap up post week of Dec 13th.
7. Ready? Need some ideas? You can use beads, paper, fabric, glitter, polymore clay, wood, baubles, wire, crochet, even home-made cookies! The choices are endless, but the colors are the challenge! GOOD LUCK.
Here are some from the swap I took part in last year
I'm in! Love home made decorations. What a great idea for a swap. Off to out that Christmas music on now…
Love this idea, and I am in!
This is going to be so much fun … I have already thought of my ornament idea and can hardly wait to begin painting … I am so excited about being part of this creative event …happy holiday tree everyone …
This is such a wonderful idea – count me in!!!
I'm ready for the color challenge ornament swap!
I REALLY wish I could participate in this but I am swamped with making Christmas gifts this year! I did mention it in my recent post though. Best of luck! And I can't wait to hear about your new e-course!
This sounds fun! I will do it!
Dearest sweet Louise, such a wonderful merry happy and very cratibe color challenge. 🙂 This makes me feel so festive and happy. teehee I will be blasting christmas tunes this weekend as i work in my little creative space. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!
This is going to be fun! Thanks for putting the challenge out there. Can't wait to see all the creations!
Sooooo much fun but I am so snowed under that I fear I need to let it pass (boo hoo!)
Hello There! This will be my first ever ornament swap and I am totally looking forward to this! Thanks for organizing such a terrific exchange, Karen
Yay, this is gonna be great! Thanks for the opportunity Louise!
Can't wait to see the results. I bought supplies last night.