By providing me with your name and email (data), you warrant that you are over 13 years of age.
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering for my newsletter, signing up for a free class/product, purchasing an online class or submitting your personal data via this web site voluntarily, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing of data as set out below. I require this information in order to keep you updated and fulfil my agreement/contract with you. Please do not use this website or sign up to my classes if you do not agree with any of the following items as outlined in the policy.
- I will never spam you with irrelevant emails
- You may opt out or in of my email communications at any time
- You have the right to remove any information I may hold on you
- I will never sell, rent, make public or distribute your personal information
- Data is a liability and therefore should only be collected and processed when absolutely necessary which is why I collect the bare minimum needed to offer what you opt in to.
2. WHAT DATA DO I COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data or data that is outlined by law as sensitive. Depending on what you opt in to sign up for, I may collect the following:
- Your Full Name
- Email address
- Country of Residence
- Mailing Address (this will only be stored if you register and pay for an online class with me as part of the billing process)
- I DO NOT store or process any bank or credit card information on this site.
I may process the following regarding personal data about you:
2.1. Communication Data
This includes any communication that you send to me – this can be via email, replying to my newsletter or via social media messaging (or posting) This data is used for the purposes of communicating with you and for record keeping.
My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest to reply to your inquiries and communications sent to me.
2.2. Customer Data
This includes any data relating to any purchases of online classes such as your name, title, billing address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details.
- I use Paypal to process secure payment transactions via SSL encryption so paypal are the data controller for your card/payment details for classes that you purchase, not louisegale.com.
- I use the WordPress website & LiftLMS platform to store your name and email for online class purposes and to keep record of such transactions and enrolments so you are able to access the online class portal with your username and password.
- I use the Mailchimp email platform to collect your name, email and country data for the purpose of sending you emails about my art, classes and other areas of interest that you have opted in to receive at the time of subscription. You voluntarily choose to subscribe to these mailings and you will also be added to my main mailing list and a specific class email list when you sign up to a class with me. Please note by signing up to a class, we are automatically entering into an agreed exchange/contract as client and provider, so you will be added to a class specific list automatically and only receive information related to that class for the purposes of communication to you as part of the class benefits. You can unsubscribe at any time via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email I send out. (Please note that if you do unsubscribe from my main list or a class list, you will not receive important information about the classes you are enrolled in) You can also request that I remove you from any email databases.
My lawful ground for this data collection and processing is an agreement between you and me and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a transaction to take an online class with me.
2.3. User website data
This includes data about how you use my website and class portal together with any data that you post for publication (such as commenting on blog posts) on my website or through other online services. I process this data to operate my website/class portal and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of my website, to maintain back- ups of my website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of my website.
2.4. Technical website data
- IP address,
- your login data, (for the class portal only)
- details about your browser,
- length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths,
- details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website.
The source of this data is from cookies that are used when you visit my website. A cookie is a piece of code that allows the web server to identify and track activity of the web browser. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. Other data is collected via my analytics tracking system which is Google Analytics. I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services so I can provide a better service to you, to administer and protect my website and to deliver relevant website content to you.
My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest to properly administer my website, keep it secure and offer a good service to you.
2.6. Marketing Data
This includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me such as email newsletters and posting news/advertisements in any Facebook groups or on my social media accounts. I process this data to enable you to receive and take part in my promotions such as competitions, free classes, giveaways and to deliver relevant website content as requested by you. You can opt out of this at any time by unsubscribing to my emails or contacting me at email@example.com to remove you from my list.
My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interest which in this case is to understand how customers might use my classes and offerings, to develop them, to grow my business/art offerings and to improve my own marketing strategy.
Louisegale.com uses SSL technology to ensure the site is secure. I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online. Though I have these procedures in place I can’t be held responsible for any intercepted information shared through my Site without my knowledge or permission. All information you provide to me via this website is stored on secure servers. All payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology and processed through PayPal. Louisegale.com does NOT store any financial information.
Where I have provided a password (or where you have chosen a username and password), which enables you to access my online class portal, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. I ask you not to share your username and password with anyone to assure your data remains secure.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
- The GDPR 2018 gives you the right to check that your personal data is being processed lawfully, so if you have any questions, please contact me.
- If you would like amendments made to your data such as name, email etc please email Louise Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org.