Hi everyone, welcome to my series on creating Mixed Media Mandalas over a 100 days. If you are just finding these posts, information can be found over here – 100 days of Mandalas. 🙂
Day 10 of 100 days of mandalas
- Basic compass, pencil and eraser
- 150-300 gram watercolor/sketchbook paper. I use Canson (if you are adding alot of paint/water, the heavier the better)
- Pilot V ball 0.5 black pen. You can use lots of different pens, but these are my favourite at the moment.
- A basic set of watercolor paints (in a tube), water, paintbrushes.
- Gold Faber-Castell ARTIST PITT pen (metalic set)
I based this mandala on a macro photo I had taken last year. I love how the middle of the flower has what looks like hundreds of little starry flowers, so loved drawing this little flowers out in the center.
It did not feel colorful enough at this stage so added a gorgeous rose pink watercolor I had bought a few days ago, so glad I did! I love this color.
Would you like to have a go at creating your own mandalas or join the lovely small group of us journeying through this project? If so, here are a few ways to get started:
- Follow me on Instagram here and also on Facebook if you haven’t already done so. Our main hashtag is #100daysofmandalas so you can see some of the lovely people joining or others who are taking part in their own 100 day mandala challenge. I’ll be posting daily.
- Watch the 5 part mandala video series I have in my Free Creative Library to help you get started. (you will just need to sign up to my mailing list to get access)
- Post your drawings or paintings up on Instagram using the hashtag #100daysofmandalas
- If you would like to deep dive further into mandala making, please take a look at my online class: ‘Mixed Media Mandalas” where I host a 4 week class full of techniques and inspiration to grow your own mandala art and explorations.