Have you noticed how good you feel when you are close to nature?
When we spend time in nature, our connection to mother earth deepens, it heals us.
Our body hums a sweet harmony, our breath slows down and our heart beats in time with the song of the earth. We feel connected. Free. As one. Complete.
In this class, I will offer you 30 lessons to explore and capture nature in your own mixed media sketchbook!
Module 1: Getting started with your sketchbook
Module 2: Collections
Module 3: Draw, Color and Stamp
Module 4: Draw and Paint (live Monday 10 October)
Module 5: Other Elements (sewing, portholes and more) (live Monday 17 October)
Module 6: Creating with Nature (live Monday 17 October)
- Daily lessons over 30 days
- Each daily lesson has video based tutorials or just text and images
- Over 30+ videos
- Guidance and feedback from Louise who will be in the classroom as you travel through.
- Inspiration, techniques and tutorials.
- Daily inspirational lesson and a video and/or images
- Exploring, gathering, observing, sketching, painting and mixed media techniques.
- Journaling tools and prompts to help you connect to nature
- Step by step techniques using various mixed media (includes, drawing, journaling, painting, collage, stamping, layering, sewing and lots more!)
By the end of the class
By the end of the 30 days, you will have a beautiful sketchbook full of mixed media inspirations and studies of the natural beautiful world around you.
Once you register and pay, Louise will be in touch will more information. The class is held in a password protected online classroom.
suppliesBelow is a list of some of the materials I will be using in the video and image tutorials. You do not need to buy all of the supplies and can get started with a sketchbook, pencils and cheap paints/paintbrushes.
An example of some of the materials I will be using
Journal/sketchbook – any size (I like the Brighton seawhite 140grm paper as they can take a lot of water!)
A pencil, black pen, eraser
Watercolor/water soluble pencils or crayons
Paint brushes in a variety of sizes, water jar.
Paint – I will be using watercolor (but you can also use poster paint, gouache etc)
Tissue paper, collage paper and any scrap paper you have laying around. An old dictionary or book you can rip up.
Glue (i will be using just modge podge) but ideally acrylic medium if you have some.
Optional: a macro lens for your camera (i use this clip on macro lens for my ipod)
We will also be creating with nature.