Hi everyone, welcome to my series on creating Mixed Media Mandalas over a 100 days. If you are just finding these posts, information can be found over here – 100 days of Mandalas. :-)
Day 4 of 100 days of mandalas
- Basic drawing compass, pencil and eraser
- Brown packing paper from an Amazon delivery
- Pilot V ball 0.5 black pen. You can use lots of different pens, but these are my favourite at the moment.
- Gold Faber-Castell ARTIST PITT pen (metalic set)
- I also used some black pens from Ikea’s kiddie art section.
I wanted to try drawing on a different type of paper for day 4, so thought this brown paper packing paper from Amazon would be fun. It was a little wrinkly, but was a nice surface to draw on.
Would you like to have a go at creating your own mandalas or join the lovely small group of us journeying through this project? If so, here are a few ways to get started:
- Follow me on Instagram here and also on Facebook if you haven’t already done so. Our main hashtag is #100daysofmandalas so you can see some of the lovely people joining or others who are taking part in their own 100 day mandala challenge. I’ll be posting daily.
- Watch the 5 part mandala video series I have in my Free Creative Library to help you get started. (you will just need to sign up to my mailing list to get access)
- Post your drawings or paintings up on Instagram using the hashtag #100daysofmandalas
- If you would like to deep dive further into mandala making, please take a look at my online class: ‘Mixed Media Mandalas” where I host a 4 week class full of techniques and inspiration to grow your own mandala art and explorations.