What is your passion?
There was a time in my life when this question made me feel uneasy. Kinda because I wasn’t sure how to express what my passion was, it felt like it “should” be a “thing”, like “cooking” or “painting”. Passion is such a strong expressive word and I think this scared me because once I didn’t feel that strongly about “something”. I think it made me feel uneasy, mostly because I felt guilty I wasn’t living what I would call a passionate life and had no idea where to start. It wasn’t until I started to think about how I wanted to feel, did I begin to realize my true passion for the life I wanted to live. A life that was about knowing who I truly am, being that person and expressing myself through what I felt passionate about. Which in a nutshell is: being creative and helping others.
I’ve been thinking about “absolute passion” recently. It has come up several times in the energy coaching work I have been doing in my coaching training. We talk alot about consciousness and the different levels of energy we have inside of ourselves, about raising it higher to be our best selves and living our full potential, striving for absolute passion.
If I was to meet you and ask you “what is your passion?” How do you think you would answer? Would make for some interesting conversation starters at parties, don’t you think?
So here are just 5 steps to get you started on thinking about your own passion:
- What activities excite you and make you feel good about yourself? What are some of the core feelings associated with those activities – remember, you CAN have more than one passion!
- Which of these do you lose all track of time with? When we are truly doing something we love, we forget about time. We are in our “passion zone.”
- Would you do it for free? Putting the almighty currency to one side. If you had enough money to live on, which of these activities would you choose to spend your time on?
- What do you talk about to others when given the chance? We often get excited when we are passionate about something. If you are not sure what that may be, why not ask those around you. You may be pleasantly surprised.
- Last but not least…..what do you secretly dream of?. You know, that passionate thing that makes you feel all tingly inside?
The way you describe your passion can change and that’s okay. So if you were to ask me today what my passion is, the long answer would be:
“I am passionate about living my life on purpose, not letting it pass me by. I love to wake up excited to start my day. Feeling joy as much as possible, being creative in many ways, having the freedom to decide how I spend my days and not live by someone else’s rules. I feel passionate about helping others live a better life through inspiring stories, resources and coaching.” :-)
Have a go at creating your own “Passion Manifesto”
What would yours say?
COMING IN THE FALL
In the fall, I’ll be launching my coaching practice, opening my studio doors to work with others one to one. (excited!) I will also be introducing a series of wonderful resources and programs to help others live their best life. My own life and outlook has been evolving more and more and so will this blog space as I strive to bring more inspiration for following our passions.
So YES. I can honestly say I am living my passion. :-)